This is the entry level course for superyacht crew and anyone with a reasonable command of the English language, who is over 18 years old, in good health, and without colour blindness can sign up for the course.
An excellent Steward or Stewardess job are not difficult to learn but the attitude and art good service is something that takes training and practice. A Steward or Stewardess requires a blend of responsibility, maturity and self-discipline along with meticulous attention to detail both in assigned duties and in personal presentation.
Some of the skills and knowledge necessary to be a Steward or Stewardess are
– Security, confidentiality and privacy issues
– Professional etiquette in communication, personal hygiene, appearance and attitude
– International protocol and correct forms of address
– All styles of food service and entertainment planning
– Provisioning and product inventories
– Decanting, purchasing, service and storage of fine wines
– Care of exotic furnishings, finishes and fabrics
– Laundry procedures
– Floral Arrangenent
What are the skills and knowledge required for a yacht crew?
Experience required prior training: None
Certification required prior training: None
Minimum age required: 18 years old
Suggested number of training hours: 20 hours (minimum 3 days)